$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 4

Low thyroid

Posted By: Maureen
Date: April-28, 1998 at 09:02:56

In Response To: Hi, I have a question that's not about sex (andrea)

Andrea:

When it comes to your thyroid situation, are you already on some sort of prescription, i.e., Synthroid, and regulated; or are you still trying to achieve a proper level?

I believe it is the luck of the draw here when it comes to regulating hormones synthetically. It took one-and-a-half years for my doctors--finally an endocrinologist--to get me to a level that was comfortable for me. But, and I do stress but, I made some serious dietary changes that might have provoked the inability to stabilize my thyroid quicker.

For one, I started the O diet. I immediately felt an increase in energy--something unfamiliar to a hypothyroid. Many of the vegetables I was eating prior to the O diet regularly and sometimes daily were avoid veggies such as cabbage, mustard greens, and Brussel sprouts. I either stopped eating them or used them sparingly. (No trouble giving up these babies!) I was only eating them because I was told they were good for me!!!......

Drs. James and Phyllis Balch, who have written several nutritional books, further suggest eating spinach, kale, broccoli, turnips, peaches and pears in addition to the ones Dr. D says to avoid, in moderation because they "may" further suppress thyroid function. (Stressing "may" here.)

I found it very odd that most of the avoids were on my plate every day, sometimes more than once a day. I took them out or use them sparingly, and, woola, now I am finally regulated--thyroid-wise, that is. ;)

Now, is it dumb luck or is it the O diet or is it just an insightful endocrinologist? Or is it all of the above? My guess is all of the above. But that is what worked for me. You may be different. In the long run, listen to your body and watch what you're eating and the answer might already be there!

By the by, guess what I'm doing with all that extra energy now that I'm regulated??
Sorry, Andrea, to hard to resist!

Sincerely,

Maureen

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved