$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Even restaurants discover the importance of consiousness in food.

Posted By: mlou
Date: April-02, 1998 at 21:17:27

There's a restaurant chain in San Diego called "Oscar's" - great pizzas, ribs, etc. and they are always FULL because the food is good. The executive chef told an interesting story on my cooking class field trip.
He used to work for a salad-bar type chain that cooked fresh chickens for their famous noodle soup, and pulled it off the bones by hand. The conglomerate that supplied them with chickens offered to sell them the cooked meat pulled off the bone mechanically, saving time and money. The meat looked and tasted just like theirs, but they decided to test it with customers, anyway. They made soup with both kinds of chicken, and put them side by side on the salad bar. Even though there was no difference in the taste or look of the soup, customers preferred the one with the hand-picked chicken 9 to 1!! They were really surprised, and decided to forego the savings.
Oscars believes that the hand crafting of their (very) fresh ingredients is a large reason for their success. I agree (but the recipes aren't bad either). Each of their fabulous breadsticks is hand rolled. And employees are proud of their pins for rolling thousands or millions of breadsticks.
I find a noticeable difference in the raves from people who eat my chapathis fresh from the rolling pin and griddle, or fresh from the "Tortilla Chef" machine, even though the dough is identical and they look the same. A bag of store salad is not the same as hand washed and torn. There is a difference.
Any grandma knows what I'm talking about - we may call it consiousness - but anyone who feels it in the food probably knows it as Love. I think that's one of the main things that's missing in the food chain these days - the importance of the consiousness of the cook. Plug that into the equation, and see how many problem kids (and adults) eat food with no Life to it or no Love to it.
And by not blessing it, the chance to add even a little more consiousness is lost.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved