$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Book on nutritional influences on development of autism, schizophrenia, depression and other mental illnesses...

Posted By: Martha
Date: April-01, 1998 at 17:58:09

Right Eaters:

I have found a book that discusses in depth nutritional influences on the development
of what are usually thought to be mental disorders. It discusses such things as
the three types of schizophrenia and the dietary needs and deficiencies that
accompany each type, childhood autism, depression, and so on. The roles of
candida, hypoglycemia, metal toxicities, vitamin deficiencies, EFA metabolism, and many other
issues are discussed. I would not be at all surprised to find similarities between the blood-
type diets and the book's dietary recommendations to improve some of these disorders.

The book contains lots of interesting and useful tidbits, such as how the
introduction of corn into the diets of Native Americans caused some to show severe mental illnesses
while others thrived on it. (Unless prepared in certain ways, corn can cause pellagra, which has severe
mental symptoms. We now know that pellagra is due to B3 deficiency. I had no idea that corn could
cause B3 deficiency and thereby "insanity.")

Anyway, enzymes, herbs, the endocrine system, compromised immunity, neurotransmitters, and
crime and delinquency are all discussed, along with other stuff too voluminous to mention. The book is
reader-friendly, so you don't have to have an advanced medical degree to read and use it. Footnotes & references.
No index, but appendices, including resources.

The book: Natural Healing for Schizophrenia: A Compendium of Nutritional Methods, Eva Edelman, 1996,
from Borage Books, 3762 West 11th Avenue, Suite 188, Eugene, OR 97402. $24.95 plus $2.50 shipping.
E-mail: borage@efn.org.

Don't let the title dissuade you - schizoid disorders are far from being the only topic.
I'm sending copies to my niece with bi-polar disorder, my brother-in-law with psychotic
depression, etc., etc., etc.

BTW, the book is dedicated to "those who have suffered under psychiatric treatment, those who have protested,
and those who have survived."

Good health to you all,

Martha

PS: I hope no one takes this as an advertisement. I just found the book
last week, and thought some of you might be interested.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved