$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Re: Adrenal Ideas

Posted By: Cristi
Date: March-28, 1998 at 16:56:49

You are right that fasting is not for everyone, but I do not think you understand what happens in the body while a person fasts, particularly on juices. I don't really see a connection with your example other than that those people who fared poorly may not have been eating food that was best for their particular biochemical makeup, and that they were probably subsisting on poor food choices and a less than ideal intake of certain key nutrients. Did the study say what kinds of foods the soldiers foraged on? this would have a big impact on the outcome of the study and it is a poorly controlled study if the foods they survived on were not listed. This is not the same thing as a juice fast. During a juice fast you are only taking in simple carbohydrate, but unlike things like white sugar, these juices contain many enzymes, vitamins and minerals in therapeutic doses. There is a complete physiological rest in the digestive system, it is allowed to heal. Also, anyone who forces his body to recycle his own protein and burn fat also is flooding his system with the toxins which were being stored in those tissues. Without adequate nutritional support, added fiber to speed up the elimination process, or enemas, also speeding up the elimination process, a person whould most certainly suffer. Foraging on whatever you could survive on would be far more stressful to the body than any controlled juice fast. If you have other data that demonstrates your point better, I would like to see it. If There are other contraindications to fasting than the ones that I am already familiar with it would be a big help for anyone to know. Incidentally, those contraindications are suffering from advanced diseases such as cancer, diabetes, TB, or a cardivascular disorder. And certainly if you are of a more advanced age or are in very poor health this should not be done at all without the supervision or "OK" from a doctor, who is able to evaluate your condition. I mentioned the book because there is more to juice fasting than simply drinking juice!!! There are many different procedures involved, and they must be done carefully and accurately. Again, I really see no connection in the example you provided. Get the book, its very cheap, and provides a much deeper look into the subject and provides more examples on the European research done on controlled fasting. Starvation and fasting produce two completely different states in the body.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved