$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Adrenal Insufficiency - An Alternate Approach

Posted By: Armchair Nutritionist
Date: March-23, 1998 at 17:46:04

First, I would like to suggest strong caution on the use of licorice to stimulate the adrenal glands. Glycyrrhetinic acid (GA) is the active ingredient in licorice that acts like the adrenal hormone aldosterone. Large amounts can cause a potentially serious condition (pseudoaldosteronism), symptoms of which include headache, lethargy, water retention, elevated blood pressure, and possibly heart failure (see The Healing Herbs by Michael Castleman). ER4YT also cautions against licorice preparations (p89). On the other hand DGL, which is licorice with GA removed, is quite safe as an anti-ulcer preparation, but does not have adrenal stimulating effects. Licorice root tea is probably sufficiently weak to be safe for most people, although I would be very careful in conditions of high blood pressure.

My non-professional armchair suggestions are:

1. Stay on a high compliance ER4YT diet for at least 2 months.
2. Stop taking any supplements.
3. Have your health practitioner order a simple adrenocortex stress profile saliva test (Great Smokies Diagnostic Lab is a good choice). It is dangerous to try and self diagnose adrenal insufficiency from symptoms alone.
4. Rid your body of bacterial, viral and fungal infections. It is likely that all of us harbor one or more opportunistic types of herpes, fungi and parasites that become active due to past abuses of our diet. These microbes can wreak havoc on the endocrine and immune systems.

Fortunately, there is a safe and natural compound that can either rid or return to dormancy substantially all such microbes. It is known as oleuropein, or its more common name of Olive Leaf Extract. According to the literature, a new process developed in 1995 (referred to as the Olivir process) was able to extract standardized quantities of oleuropein (including elenolic acid and calcium elenolate) in a form which remains active in the body to produce a remarkable supplement available in most health food stores under several brands (make sure it contains the Olivir standardized extract and is not simply olive leaves). From the references I have found, this stuff can wipe out or deactivate 137 infectious diseases including Ebola, Candida, Herpes (all 7 of the human type identified to date), Tapeworm, TB, and antibiotic resistant bacteria (see Olive Leaf Extract by Dr. Morton Walker for an extensive review of the literature,suggested dosing, and detox effects). It does not act like a classic antibiotic in that it apparently does not destroy the healthy gut flora. If all of the predictions for this supplement are borne out, it will be hailed as the antibiotic of the next decade (if the AMA and FDA leave it alone). I have given copies of ER4YT and a bottle of Olive Leaf Extract to all of my friends and family - don't leave home without it!

5. If all goes well, the adrenal and other systems will repair themselves once relieved of the microbe burden and given the proper nutrients from the ER4YT diet.

The above is a non-professional opinion with nothing but scientific references to back it up (no actual test data by me - but I like to speculate from the comfort of my armchair). Through a variety of circumstances including dumb luck, coincidence, a bout with Candida, and listening to my body, I have been on what I now know as the O type diet since 1986. Does it work - you bet. I have not been sick in 12 years. The only time I get in trouble is when I experiment with supplements - so always listen to your body. Remember - one man's supplement is another man's poison. Good luck.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved