$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Many possibilities

Posted By: Steve Shapiro
Date: March-13, 1998 at 13:43:18

In Response To: Food allergies (ELISA/ACT) and B blood type & no improvement with ER4YT (stymied)

Hello Stymied,

A number of factors come into play here.

First and foremost, the ELISA test, like all allergy testing, has a very high error rate (false positives, false negatives). Although it's useful as a guideline, it's not the law.

Second, you don't mention how long you've been doing either.

I am also living with a severe auto-immune disease. I also did an ELISA allergy test. It took me two months before I started seeing even the faintest signs of improvement. If you scour this board you will find stories of people who had some sort of result in as little as two weeks, or as much as 6 months.

If you have the funds, try runnng the allergy test again, or try a different modality of testing. Don't be surprised if you get completely different answers. It will be up to you to try to integrate them.

If you can't avoid them (the allergens), try rotating them.

The tryptophan may be a myth. The sleepiness noted may be induced by the combination of foods traditionally eaten with the turkey (starches, breads, etc). Try turkey alone or with OK green vegetables. (I eat turkey every 3-4 days {I'm type O} and do not have any drowsiness - chronic fatigue was one of my symptoms too).

En tota: Be patient with yourself. It's exciting to see the puzzle pieces of health start to fall into place.

best wishes,

steve shapiro

(Not a medical professional, but definately walks like one :-)

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved