$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Re: Rosacea again, HELP

Posted By: Susan
Date: March-06, 1998 at 09:30:02

In Response To: Re: Rosacea again, HELP (Patti)

Not everyone needs or benefits from extra iodine.
It can, as I mentioned make your rosacea worse; it
can also make acne worse. The main culprits for me have
been kelp (seaweed), broccoli and asparagus. I
can have broccoli once or twice a week, but any more
often and I notice an immediate reation in my skin;
it gets hot/flushed. The effects of iodine on the skin
are cumulutive. In other words, a certain amount has to
accumulate before you start to see a reaction. I'd avoid
bladderwrack since it is a seaweed and contains iodine. Metrocream (or metrogel), available only with prescription, is used specifically for the treatment of rosacea. It takes at least a month to see major improvement, but it is very effective for mild to moderate rosacea. Severe rosacea should be treated with antibiotics. If you've been diagnosed with rosacea, see if your dermatologist can give you 4 or 5 little sample tubes. They'll last you at least 2 months, because you only need to apply a very thin layer or metrocream on your skin. Re: synthroid- I don't know its iodine content or about your specific need for it, but if prescribed to you by your doctor, don't stop taking it without letting him or her know.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved