$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Thanks for the info Ed: I thought we had less than 2 weeks to tell the USDA what we think about "organic" labeling'

Posted By: sean
Date: March-03, 1998 at 13:25:58

In Response To: Here is a link for more info on USDA's plan for organic food (Jean)

I just found out how to e-mail and fax any public servant using an automated process. Spamming these people with form letters and e-mails seems like an idotic and quite passive waste of time, though being passive and doing nothing is worse than that.

What I'm doing is representing myself as an indivisual who is concerned. In my letter, I'm saying that I use and enjoy brown eggs that are from "free-range" chickens which are fed grains that are "not-organic" according to California's labeling standard. I'm proposing that they consider establishing a "mutiple system" of labeling food that is grown and raised in a variety of ways which could be governed by economics and practicality. The overall health benefits of naturally grown food has yet to be proven on any large scale, and what the USDA is seeking to establish will be a foundation for our future.

People that want rigid standards should have a labeling system that could help them achieve their goals. On the other hand, 70-80% of Americans seem to just want their milk and dairy labelled as "human growth hormone FREE"; Our current system does not allow us to have this option to choose!

WE HAVE TO BAND TOGETHER ON THIS BECAUSE MONSANTO AND OTHER CHEMICAL COMPANIES ARE WORKING OVERTIME IN D.C. TO PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT.

Please do your part and drop a return addressed postcard or E-mail to the USDA and your representitives. Express our concerns and stick to our guns when it comes time to vote!

S.A.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved