$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Re: How much bulk bladderwrack is in, say, a level teaspoon?

Posted By: OJoan
Date: February-17, 1998 at 19:30:29

In Response To: How much bulk bladderwrack is in, say, a level teaspoon? (Dick Hess)

Dick,

I tried both the tincture and buying in bulk. The bulk bladderwrack was dry, but I do not know if it was sun-dried, oven-dried or freeze-dried. The 600-1800 mg per day is based on freeze-dried, which is the highest quality preservation (per a natural product chemist who made his company build him a freeze drier for preparing botanical specimens). The bulk lot I had (of unknown preservation process) was in flakes, which would have to be pulverized to measure out the small quantities to fit in capsules. For example, 28.35 grams equals one ounce. 1000 mg equals one gram. So a 600 mg capsule of fluffy, pulverized, freeze-dried bladderwrack contains slightly more than 0.02 ounce. That is very hard to measure consistently with anything less than pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment. There is no RELIABLE way to compare the weight measurement to a volume measurement like a teaspoon when we do not know the preservation process of the supply or how finely ground you are going to pulverise it before you put it on the teaspoon.
I can tell you that the capsules I use, which I buy from the North American Pharmacal which is on this website, looks like a lot less than a teaspoon to me. I could do worse than buy from Dr. D'Adamo! Being an adventurous and independent soul like yourself, I had to investigate doing it myself first.I really hated still not knowing how much of a dose I was really giving myself, so I switched to buying the capsules rather than go through all those steps.
It seemed like I would have ended up spending a lot of time and money to do it right on my own. But, I was a lab assistant for years and I am really fussy about quality control. Also, having hypothyroidsims means I don't want to mess around with sloppy dosages, for that reason as well.

Be well!

Joan

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved