$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 3

Why not set up a Case History Board (sort of like the Recipe Exchange)?

Posted By: Mike Kramer
Date: February-13, 1998 at 20:12:25

I've been on the Internet for about a month, mostly on this site. That's also how long I've been on the diet. I come here to find out information about the diet that can't be found in the book.

I would really benefit from following other people's cases. What helped them, what didn't. There are posts like this occasionally. For example, someone can't tolerate a food which is a "highly beneficial" for their type. But what I often find missing is the context of their situation. I recognize that there is a cast of characters and if I stick around here long enought long enough I can know each of their unique life-situations, physical ailments, and peculiar personality quirks. But isn't there a better way? Someone with more technological expertise than I have might be able to let me know if my hare-brained idea is feasible.

Why not have a board where people can post their case histories? The next time I read about someone's reaction to this supplement or that additive, I can go to the case history board and check them out. Maybe I can find some patterns by looking at a large number of cases systematically organized. A patter that might not be apparent in the random postings in the forums.

This site and the book do have a place for people to send Peter their results. But this information is rightfully confidential. Couldn't we all learn from having something similar publicly available?

I imagine some maintenance would be involved. Ideally each person should be able to update her or his case history periodically. The case histories would have some kind of standard format, like the Recipe Exchange. My preference would be to have the Case History area be as objective as possible. Random musings--informed and uninformed--regarding the Case Histories could take place in the forums.

Perhaps this smacks of the kind of rigidity and authoritarianism that is often railed against in these parts. Far be it for me to say that the trains should run on time in cyberspace. But I think that efficiency can have its place. This board can be a place of scientific value. A large number of cases could be compiled cooperatively. Surely Peter has been compiling data for years on his own. But by publicizing the data the power that knowledge engenders could truly be spread freely.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved