$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2

Re: IGG4 Food testing - Well of course you didn't test pos. for grain!

Posted By: Pandora
Date: February-14, 1998 at 15:19:24

I just reviewed the doc's book this morning and it says right in there that food intolerance and food allergy are NOT the same thing. Allergy is an immune response to a food; intolerance means that - for some possibly not understood reason, or because of your blood type - you don't handle certain foods well on a digestive/metabolic level.

I took the IgG4 test too, and DID test pos. for wheat allergy, as well as milk, eggs, and pineapple. All of these things have caused me the most horrible, painful eczema for years. Of course, steroidal creams (cortisone) made it go away, but until I eliminated these foods from my diet, the eczema always came back. Now I can *instantly* tell (well, just about...) when I have eaten something I shouldn't have. Wheat and pineapple are especially bad; they produce a dramatic, immediate itching and soreness around my eyes and mouth, followed by a severe breakout of acne all over my face and chest a day or two later. This has nothing to do with me being type O, this is because of my _allergies_.

On a side note, whaddaya know? I lost 10 pounds when I cut out that nasty wheat, with no other changes in my amount of food or excersize... and when I "fell off the wagon" about a month ago, and started eating oatmeal for breakfast (I just *had* to have grain, it was driving me crazy!), I gained 8 pounds, fast. *sigh* Live 'n learn... (chanting:) "grains are BAD, grains are BAD, grains are BAD!"

At least I can still have a little chocolate. :-)

Messages in This Thread

• Re: IGG4 Food testing - Well of course you didn't test pos. for grain!
    Pandora -- Monday, 16 February 1998, at 2:33 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved