$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2

Oats, "avoids" and us (generally) overweight Americans

Posted By: heidi
Date: January-29, 1998 at 11:17:02

In Response To: Re: Purpose of avoidance (J Butler)

Hi!

Dr. D's remark about oats also specified "no inflammatory problems." Look how large/long a book ER4YT is now, and imagine if all the refining details we've learned on this site were included! We're talking the OED!

I need to remember that most people who bought the book saw "diet" and thought "weight loss diet." Obesity is a pervasive condition, most particularly in the U.S., and it is a more serious one than many of us realize. If you read the first page of each blood type's diet, you will see a preponderance of "gain weight/lose weight" advice, so you shouldn't be surprised that the diet leans toward weight loss.

As with anything, each individual has to find his way within advice that had to be general to a certain extent in order to help the greatest number of people. I have found resources on this site, and been referred to others by folks here, which have allowed me to find the principles of my own ideal lifetime diet. The more I adhere to the habit of eating this way, the less I need to think about it and the more productive I am.

Munching peacefully,

heidi

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved