$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2

calcium and flouride - O with FM -supplementation issues

Posted By: kathleen
Date: January-28, 1998 at 15:40:33

Hi folks - Please bear with me - this is an expansion of a question on calcium and magnesium that I, a type O with Fibromyalgai, put out to you before (see early Jan thread) - I received many wonderful and informative replies, and now have another question.

First, a quick recap of what I asked before follows. Dr. St. Amand, the guaifenesin guru, feels that calcium phosphate accumulation is addressed by using guai, which, by thinning mucous, helps FMer's to excrete excess calcium phosphate. Dr.D'Adamo says that O's need calcium supplementation (which makes a whole lot of sense), but does not suggest taking it with magnesium as most other sources do. The magnesium gurus says that intake of malic acid and magnesium helps all with FM enormously, because we need magnesium to break up the toxic effects of accumulated alluminum in our bodies, and helps us to excrete it. Based on your advice, I had decided to go with calcium/magnesium in a 2:1 ratio, BUT now the further question.

I have recently been hearing about flouride and how its similarity in chemical composition to calcium can lead to people accumulating too much calcium in their bodies because people try to use the flouride instead of the calcium, and this can lead to chronic pain. This is a big issue for me, since I have FM and I was fed supplemental flouride drops in my milk by my well-meaning parents (who I love very much, by the way) as a child. Also, my mother cooked with aluminum pans.

Hence, I am now wondering if I should avoid calcium supplementation altogether, as I am not eager to add to my chronic pain. But this seems counter to Peter's advice?
Aaaaaargh!!

BTW, my stools have always been hard and difficult to pass - magnesium alone softens them, but magnesium and calcium together keep them as is. This seems to indicate to me that I am more in need of magnesium.

Thanks everyone - kind regards, Kathleen

Messages in This Thread

• calcium and flouride - O with FM -supplementation issues
    kathleen -- Thursday, 29 January 1998, at 12:16 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved