$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2

Garlic allergy, or yeast die-off?

Posted By: Eleanor
Date: January-05, 1998 at 14:53:41

Hi,

I'd appreciate input from Ed, or anyone, on this question.

A friend of mine (type B) has been having reactions to garlic for several years. His symptoms include tightness in the throat/some difficulty breathing (immediately); digestive upsets (later the same day); and headache, fatigue, and mood changes (a day or two later). Needless to say, this is a major inconvenience for him, as garlic is found in so many foods.

Even small amounts will trigger a reaction, and this, combined with the throat tightness, has led him to believe that it's an allergy. But after reading so much about yeast, we were wondering if it might be "die-off" instead, since a) garlic is an unusual allergy; b) he eats a lot of starches and sweets; and c) he has ongoing mild problems with digestion & fatigue. (He tries to follow the B diet, but still occasionally eats chicken, corn, and tomatoes.)

He isn't keen on seeing an allergist, but I was thinking that a simple "test" would be for him to take some other potent yeast-fighting substance, and see if it gives a similar reaction.

Any ideas as to what safe and readily available substance might have this effect (no MSM or prescription drugs, please) - and at what dosage?

(Myself, I've taken regular dosages of caprylic acid, pau d'arco, and cat's claw, and the only time I noticed anything dramatic was when I got over-enthusiastic and had a few cloves of raw garlic with olive oil and salt. Yikes!!! %) )

Eleanor

Messages in This Thread

• Garlic allergy, or yeast die-off?
    Eleanor -- Tuesday, 6 January 1998, at 12:15 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved