$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2

Re: less stimulated adrenals, low stress diet

Posted By: Joan
Date: December-30, 1997 at 16:08:07

Dear Ed,

I think my adrenals and hypothalamus usually get fewer stressful stimuli from the peripheral nervous system, partly because I stumbled onto a low-chronic-pain regime for myself a few years back. I don't have to revert strictly to that diet except when at risk for stress.

My low chronic pain diet Avoids include:

--caffeine - stimulates nerves, dumps calcium
--"four legged" animal fats - can end up as nasty prostaglandins and arachidonic acid, which are MAJOR pain chemicals in the peripheral nervous system.
--members fo the Nightshades (tomatoes, cayenne, eggplant, tobacco) - don't know what mechanism might be, probably the alkaloids, but not everyone aches from tobacco smoke like I do!
--high acid items like spinach, pineapple,lemon juice - mechanism not known
--carbonated anything - ditto
--alcohol and sugar - overwhelm the liver metabolism, leaving stress hormones free to escape back in the bloodstream, instead of being destroyed normally

So in times of stress that lead me towards:

++Herb teas steeped for only a few minutes, if needed; eg. licorice, american ginseng, or ginger
++EFAs from evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, canola, olive.
++multiple vitamins& minerals, including the B's, to keep up with the drain from my system.
++a variety antioxidants like garlic, quercetin that grab free radicals

So far so good. However, I am adding milk thistle to the daily repertoire, as it has a good track record of healing and protecting the liver.

And of course, learning to be pro-active in dealing with potentially stressful situations is the best.
Legend has it that the Chinese symbol for 'crisis' is a combination of the ideograms 'challenge' and 'opportunity'.

Joan, type-O

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved