Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.
The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 2
restaurant meals and the headaches that follow...
Posted By: Judy R.
Date: December-27, 1997 at 23:19:49
I hope someone out there can help with this question. I'm type O, my husband is type A. We've both been following the blood type guidelines very carefully and do fine when we eat at home or brown bag it. On the rare occasions when we eat out, we both develop a nasty headache (and I get spacey and dizzy) within about 1/2 hour of eating. This is after we have asked the waiter a bunch of questions about what's in the food, asked for special orders, and generally made a nuisance of ourselves so that we can be sure we aren't eating anything we shouldn't. (I suppose making a nuisance of ourselves could give us the headaches, but I don't think that's it...) I should add that we're both on an anti-yeast diet as well (since Sept.). We try to eat only at restaurants that are pretty "enlightened," i.e. offer pretty healthy fare overall. So here are the questions:
1) Does this happen to anyone else?
2) Does anyone know why this might be happening?
3) Can anyone recommend a supplement/tea/whatever that we could take either before the meal to prevent the reaction or after the meal to alleviate it? I end up needing to take a couple of Tylenol sometimes, which I prefer not to do.
4) Will it always be this way? Has anyone had this problem and gotten over it?
Thanks for whatever help you can send our way. We appreciate it.
Messages in This Thread
- restaurant meals and the headaches that follow...
Judy R. -- Wednesday, 14 January 1998, at 2:12 p.m.
Sheryl -- Sunday, 28 December 1997, at 10:02 p.m.
Re: restaurant meals and the headaches that follow...
Tona -- Wednesday, 31 December 1997, at 11:11 a.m.