$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 1

Re: Why I don't like chromium supplements

Posted By: Peter D'Adamo
Date: March 30, 1997 at 08:24:54

In Response To: Re: Type O and sugar (Stuart C. Marmorstein, D.C.)

Dear Stuart,

Personally, I see no reason why chromium should be taken in the kind of amounts that are being recommended by the various hawkers of chromium products. The research behind its use in weight loss is not very good (so it helps 18 year-old high school football players to gain a slight bit of muscle mass and lose a bit of fat; What does this have to do with the millions of obese middle aged, sedentary people who are taking it to "burn off weight".

Picolenic acid is a binding ligand which is commonly used in laboratories to introduce carcinogens into cell cultures. Who is to say that it can't do the same in people taking humungous doses of chromium picolenate?

GTF is found in foods in trace amounts, as is chromium. When people are told to take macro amounts of what is a normally a micro nutrient in nature, I get nervous. Also, I get repulsed at the idea that so many obese people get the message that the solution to their problems is in a bottle.

Peter

Messages in This Thread

• Type and sugar
    Janet -- Sunday, 30 March 1997, at 8:24 a.m.
    • Re: Type O and sugar
      Peter D'Adamo -- Sunday, 30 March 1997, at 8:24 a.m.
      • Re: Type O and sugar
        Stuart C. Marmorstein, D.C. -- Sunday, 30 March 1997, at 8:24 a.m.
        • Re: Why I don't like chromium supplements
          Peter D'Adamo -- Sunday, 30 March 1997, at 8:24 a.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved