Hi Peter, BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO...Thank you for writing your book. When I purchased it, I did not put it down until I finished it. Very rare for me!
I wish that you lived in Los Angeles, or at least somewhere in California...cuz I would definitely become one of your clients. I am a strong believer of wholistic and naturopatic health/healing and would be very willing to pay you for your services. I have great respect for your line of work.
I am Type O+/African American
1. Are egg whites o.k. to eat for breakfast with another protein (chicken, hamburger, or one of the other optimum choices)...should I include a fruit with this or save it as an mid-morning snack)..
Should I just have fruit for breakfast instead....Do you have other suggestions/other alternatives for the Type O and breakfast. This is by far my hardest meal to plan! I meet friends for breakfast quite often.........HELP!
What has been breakfast
a. Tenderloin, egg whites with buckwheat pancakes.( This combination is a new addition to my breakfast)
b. Non-fat plain yogurts with oranges/tangerines or green apples (which I favor) and a pumpkin muffin..
c. Pancakes (regularly)
d. Oatmeal ( I truly enjoy this with brown sugar) or cold cereal (special K, product 19, corn or rice chex, Honey nut cherios), with a lactose intolerant non-fat milks toast (yes it has been whole wheat...but lately Kamut)...kinda leaning toward no bread at all...seems easier, and an apple
e. Bisquits with syrup (a karo type) with catfish (cultural thang and usually a very rare occassion) but quite often as a child
Lunch is not so hard and neither is dinner, but I will admit to have a love of Rice. Preferably basmti. I could literally eat this every day....and happily for breakfast....
It seems to be a very easy side dish when eating out as well. ( Don’t care about potatoes or pasta)...
My other weakness and always has been kind of conditioned are sweets, specifically CAKE usually prefer plain with very little frosting, sweet potatoe pie or peach cobbler...(Should I try replacing the habit with sorbert?)
2. Am I on the right track with the supplements/herbs or am I over doing it!
2 tablets daily contain a combinationof the following; Calcium 500 mg (lysinate, alpha-ketoglutarate, aspartate, and citrate)Magnesium 500 mg (taurinate, alpha-ketoglutarate, aspartate, and citrate) and Potassium 99 mg (glutamate, alpha-ketoglutarate, aspartate, and citrate).
1-2 recommended daily Coenzyme B-Complex (b1,b2,b6,b12, biotin, folic acid, paba, poak, lipoic acid, phosphatidyl choline, inositol)
Liquid form of Garcinia Cambogia
1 tablet recommended or when “Nature’s Plus” Sugar Control with (Chromium Polynicotinate 2000 mcg with 200 mcg of elemental chromium), Rehmannia Glutinosa (herbal concentrate) 200 mg., L-Glutamine (no amino acid 100 mg), and L-Alanine (no amino acid 75 mg)
About 9 daily (basically 3 before each meal) TwinLab’s Diet Fuel 3 capsules provide MaHuang Extract 334 mg, Guarana Extract 909 mg, CitriMax (Garcinia Cambogia-Hydroxycitrate extract 500 mg, Chromium 200 mcg, L-Carnitine 100 mg and Potassium & Magnesium Phospate 100 mg...in a natural thermogenic herbal base green tea powder, citrus bioflavonoids,(containing naringin), ginger root powder, cayenne powder. (I have used this product for 6 months, I have found a difference with this product....I did stop and just recently started it again becaue it did seem to help with weight loss)
Kelp, Parsley, Bladderwrack are my newly added herbs from your recommendation.
3. Why not cinamin or nutmeg?...two major flavorings all my life! What’s wrong with them and do they get worse when combined with other foods....eg (sweet potatoes, cobblers, apples, I think you’re getting my problem)
4. Why no catfish...it is my all time favorite fish?
5. People come in all shapes and sizes.....Shouldn’t the portions be different. Especially if one is 150 vs 250 vs 350 lbs..and the activity level is different and they are trying to get to different places on the scale.....Or does this really not matter....
b. Should the supplement amount be changed as well, to accommodate those different weights and if not....why? I would think it should operate the same as alcohol....body weight and tolerance/resistance.
6. Is it ok for a type O to eat meat 3x a day, 7 days a week...and if so....in what amounts
7. Does it matter if I eat mainly brocoli with occassional changes to string beans, romaine.....Its just that brocoli is my favorite and the easiest for me to prepare often.
8. What are your recommendations on how these meats should or can be prepared....I tend to eat mostly skinless chicken breast with an occassional steak or hamburger, turkey burger, and I usually saute it in a pan with a bit of olive oil or butter or chicken broth. I also enjoy cooking with White wine when preparing certain chicken dishes....is this a no no.? I have included more read meats since reading your book. Especially, beef liver and ground lamb.
9. Does eating late really matter with this plan...sometimes I don’t get home until 7 p.m. and then I ride my exercise bike minimum 30 minutes and then I eat which is about 8 or 8:30 p.m. and then I go to bed by 10 or 11. I usually eat breakfast at about 7:30 and then a fruit snack and then lunch anywhere from 12:30 to 1:30 or 1:30 to 2:30 and then an afternoon snack...and then dinner.
10. Should snacks be fruit or can they be protein...or does it matter.
11. Is Rice Vinegar o.k.? And or all rice products? And what about “Braggs Liquid Amino’s?
12. Whats the difference between string cheese and mozzorella and why no cheese when it seems to be o.k with the Atkins diet which you list in your bibliography?
Thank you very much for your time and efforts.