$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 1

Re: Polymyalgia rheumatica/ Type A

Posted By: kim gaub
Date: February 01, 1998 at 16:24:27

In Response To: Re: Polymyalgia rheumatica/ Type A (gaile nellett)

My dad has been diagnosed with PMR. This was about a year ago. He has experienced severe stiffnesses in his hips, neck, and shoulders. He was on 12.5 mg of prednizone. He also has had vision difficulty. I did get on the Internet and found an article on PMR and they said that 40% of the people that have PMR may develop GCA. He had a biopsy for this about a month ago and it came back negative, but since then he has been worse. Around the time of the biopsy the doctor put him on 60 mg of prednizone a day for 10 days. Then reduced him immediately back down to 12.5 mg of prednizone. I couldn't believe this drop and especially hearing some of your stories on this site. The doctor placed him now as of today on 15 mg of prednizone a day. He is feeling totally awful as I type this today. If anyone out there has some serious suggestions on treatment or good hospitals/doctors in bigger cities, please let me know. We live in Great Falls, MT. He is 75 years old and was doing pretty good for his age until this. I just find it silly that with current medications and knowledge that this disease cannot be treated quicker. Thank you! His daughter, Kim

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved