Eat Right 4 Your Type®

Official Website Of Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo & The Blood Type Diet®

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 1

Re: Menieres Disease (Spelling?) & Type B

Posted By: M.milligan
Date: September 10, 1997 at 12:09:43

In Response To: Menieres Disease (Spelling?) & Type B (Sarah)

Collinsonia appears to be a "natural remedy" derived from a plant "collinsonia canadensis L." a.k.a. stone-root, knobroot, horsebalm, richweed. It contains resin, saponin, tannin, mucilage; the usual stuff in plants. I too have been put on a diuretic in an attempt to control Menieres symptoms. The diuretic is called Diamox -- a drug which has found use in controlling the intraocular pressure of the eye in glaucoma cases. I have only been taking it for one week and still do not know if it will control my
acute symptoms. In addition, I am taking an antihistamine better known as antivert (meclazine) to control acute episodes of dizzyness (sometimes the drug does not work), that's why a combination of it and diamox is being tried. Hopefully the diamox will lower the fluid pressure in the semicircular canals as it does in the eye. Take Care.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Need Help?

Contact D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition customer service for support on where to begin.

Personalized Living

A Daily Webzine Celebrating The Wonder Of Individuality & The Blood Type Diet®

Archive | Signup | Blog

Become a Patient

Center of Excellence in Generative Medicine (COEGM) is Dr. D'Adamo's main clinical facility. To schedule an appointment please visit:

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved