$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 1

Re: Type A trying to Zone protocol

Posted By: Daniel Erway
Date: February 13, 1997 at 20:19:03

In Response To: Re: Type A trying to Zone protocol (Peter D'Adamo)

Hi Dr. D'Adamo,
First of all, I'm the one that misquoted you on the zone list. I'm sorry. I don't know how, but I thought I had seen something to that effect in the book.
But on to my questions:
In the zone books, Dr. Sears adjusts his protein recommendations to lean body mass and physical activity. For these reasons he does not consider the zone diet a high protein diet, but rather a protein adequate diet for people of different sizes and different metabolic needs.
However in the strict interpretation of your recommendations for type A people that was offered in the previous posting by Tim J., he made it seem like every type A should eat the same amount of protein per week regardless of size or activity level. Are your recommendations that specific or do you suggest adjusting total protein (a la the zone) to individual needs?
Also, I saw in your reply to another post that you clarified your thoughts that other blood types than O can benefit from the zone diet, but perhaps less dramatically. Dr. Sears actually suggests a range of protein to carbohydrate ratios, and suggests that each person might need to adjust their own ratio based on their individual responses to food. Is it possible that type As would just need to slightly shift their ratio to favor carbohydrates? Sorry to keep beating this subject to death, buty their are lots of folks on the zone list who like to figure these things down to the gram.
Finally, I wondered if type As could tolerate more protein, say if they wanted to strictly follow a zone approach, if they also supplemented with hydrochloric acid. Would this allow them to break down the proteins more effectively?
I really appreciate this chance to get our questions answered so easily. Thank you.
Dan Erway

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved