Bulimia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to the Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nessa on May-05, 1998 at 11:53:47:

I'm a recovering bulimic who has started the Eat Right diet to try and have a healthier relationship with what I put into my body. Most doctors I've been to put me on 60mg of Prozac a day which works but I dont' want to end up relying on chemicals. St John's Wort was suggested to me by a friend but this is on the avoid list for O's. As far as I know the current theory on bulimi is that it is due to a lack of seratonin (spelt wrong) in the brain which is corrected by Prozaca and St John's wort.

Does anyone know of any foods etc. that are O friendly that would help me. I'm trying to do this by myself because the doctors I have been to just give me different types of meditation and I don't like the idea of this. Last night I went out to dinner with friends and ended up eating 'avoid' foods which triggered off a relapse which is one of the main concerns I have about this diet i.e. bad foods vs good foods which is the way bulimics often good foods.

I'd be grateful for any feedback that anyone has especially from anyone else battling bulimia.

Nessa

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to the Message Board ] [ FAQ ]