$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 18

hmm... confused

Posted By: cloud
Date: Thursday, 3 January 2002, at 8:33 p.m.

In Response To: Maybe you should worry but for other reasons (joachim, AB-)

I knew spinach and almonds have oxalic acid, I did realize that they are common in all/most dark leafy greens, especially the ones with calcium, it sounds. According to some, plant foods are the best source of calcium, because they contain a good balance of minerals and not excess protein, while dairy is high in phosphorus and low in magnesium. I also thought that steaming spinach, like in a light miso-green soup, would help reduce the oxalates, but it sounds like not really. Do you know by any chance if soaking or peeling almonds reduces oxalic acid? You recommend variety; but if most or all plant foods with calcium also contain oxalic acid, isn't this still problematic? (At least for those like myself; dairy does not seem to agree with me, at least not cow dairy- I'm hesitant now to experiment with other sources- and I do not like canned sardines) I wonder how significant the oxalates are, anyway. I never can find much info on this! It's frustrating- most just give the standard recommendation to supplement, others say supplements are bad but do not seem to address all of the facts (a recent hfs osteoporosis book comes to mind). I wish I could make more informed choices, as I do have osteopenia. It seems that for me not to supplement at least some would be idealistic.

One more Q. if I may- if one takes some cod liver oil, is it still advantageous to add flax oil?

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved