$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 18

Hilda I just read this today...Sprouting

Posted By: Verna O+
Date: Thursday, 3 January 2002, at 7:36 p.m.

In Response To: Sprouts (Hilda Vosloo)

I picked up a printout on sprouting at the local HFS store yesterday and was reading thru it today. I'm typing their response about flax for you. Hope it helps. I've never had much success with sprouting. They also mention something interesting - "It is important to avoid excess moisture during the sprouting process and when the indoor humidity is 70% or more, sprouting may be impossible. Extremely hot temps will also kill the sprouts. The ideal sprouting temp is 70 degrees, however, as long as the temp is below 80 degrees there is usually no problem."

"Gelatinous seeds such as guar, flax, chia, etc, may not sprout well in a jar. If the seeds produce a thick coating and don't sprout in a jar, then use the alternative method of measuring equal parts of seeds and water. Pour water into a tray and sprinkle seeds evenly over the water. Let seeds stand for about one hour. If seeds appear too wet, tip tray and pour off any water that flows to the side. If seeds appear too dry, sprinkle water over them. Place tray in plastic bag, leaving one end open for air circulation. Place in cupboard. Sprinkle water over the seeds as needed (usually once a day). Place sprouts in light for greening when they reach desired length."
(((HUGS)))
Verna O+ 54

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved