$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 18

sprouting

Posted By: cloud
Date: Sunday, 4 November 2001, at 1:10 a.m.

In Response To: for fermenting grain, (^heidi^ O+ ns iNFj)

right, a widemouth glass quart jar with mesh lid (can be made from cheap plastic mesh sold at hardware store plus rubber band) is good for most things, but other less ideal setups are possible too. generally soak in water (room temp) 8 hours or overnight, then the rinsing and sprouting begins (with jar propped at 45 angle). need ventilation and some rinsing to prevent spoiling, but otoh don't want them to just dry out. buckwheat, though, one of my favorites for sprouting, only needs to be soaked 30 minutes or so. an hour's ok but i wouldn't leave buckkwheat much longer than that. in general smaller seeds can take less soak time, like sesame less but beans more. the amount of soak time, rinsing frequency, and length of sprouting time is the part for experimenting. in general, one might eat when sprout length equal to seed, but to taste. it's important to try to find grains that aren't old, this seemed to be a challenge i encountered. often i like blending sprouted grains into whatever, but they could become bread or eat as is (at least some quantity).

books- ann wigmore's are classics,of course there are others too. try living-foods.com for more recipes, articles, links if you are interested.

i agree, axel, that living foods can work better. sprouting is fun but you have to develop your technique. there's always hfs spout breads for convenience. soaked oats are another simple option- 'uncooked' oats aren't really raw but this musli-type dish is still a bit better than some cooked grains in my experience. i disagree with joachim that cooked rice is always the best grain- it is a relatively benign choice, yes (so is millet for that matter), but sprouted grains can be more advantageous.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved