$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 18

Farmed vs. wild salmon

Posted By: joachim, AB-
Date: Friday, 19 October 2001, at 2:09 a.m.

In Response To: farm-fresh vs wild-canned. any salmon opinions? (cloud)

You must be new to this board and missed my Zillion messages about this subject. Here is what I wrote, part 1. And by the way, I call "wild salmon" one of my superfoods. Just tonight I enjoyed wild King Salmon, tomorrow we will have a wild King salmon salad. Also, click on the link below, it will educate you further:

Wild Salmon

Buy fresh wild, not farmed salmon whenever you can. It has to say “wild”, the term Norwegian, Scottish, Irish etc. just tells you that the cages to raise farmed salmon were submerged in the seas of these countries. Click on the link further down for reasons to avoid farmed salmon (and farmed fish in general), quote from the article: Recommended intake cut, quote:
”The World Health Organization is sufficiently concerned about the potential consequences to have cut its guidelines on the recommended intake of farmed salmon to just one tenth of the previous figure. The European Union has also reduced its limits by 90%” (end of quote).
Unfortunately, consumer organizations in the US have not reacted to the potential health hazards of farmed salmon. While wild salmon not only contain the full spectrum of Omega-3 but also unpolluted protein and many vitamins and trace minerals like Iodine, Calcium etc., farmed salmon are raised in cages and fed with cheap feed pellets. Farmed salmon suffer from sea lice and other parasites and fungal disease. The suspended cages for raising farmed salmon are regularly exposed to clouds of pesticides and fungicides. Farmed salmon are fed with pellets of cheap fishmeal and other feed additives, take a guess what these pellets contain. Right, growth hormones and often even antibiotics. Furthermore, the poor food value of feed pellets would leave flesh of salmon a pale gray. Fish farmers know that gray salmon won't sell well, so they add a dye called Astaxanthin or other dyes to their feed.
Wild salmon on the other hand get their red flesh color from the fish's wild prey, particularly krill, tiny shrimp-like crustaceans. Wild salmon feed in the cold unpolluted artic waters on high quality protein food and once they migrate back to where they were borne (fresh-water rivers and lakes) they stop feeding. As an avid salmon fisherman I know that wild salmon is just about the best protein food that you can eat. But what do the diet dictocrats tell us, what does your doctor recommend? Eat salmon twice a week. Have you ever heard “eat wild salmon only”? No, but now you know. By the way fish farming continues to grow and continues to extend to other fish species and shellfish as well. Beware of farmed fish in general.

Wild Salmon

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved