$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 16

Glad you posted back, I was thinking of you...

Posted By: Squid (A+, INTP)
Date: Sunday, 27 May 2001, at 9:53 a.m.

In Response To: hello (Josie (type A))

last night as I was reading LR4YT. It quotes for us type As (pg 181) "Limit sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. These are short-term "fixes" that ultimately increase stress and slow down your metabolism."

It also says, "don't undereat or skip meals... Avoid low-calorie diets... food deprivation is a huge stress. It raises cortisol levels, lowers metabolism, encourages fat storage, and depletes healthy muscle mass."

Breakfast is the most important meal for type As. We should eat large, protein-laden breakfasts. This is our daily fuel. When I was struggling with my weight, I didn't eat breakfast. Now it has become my most important meal. So much so that I don't really feel hungry until later in the afternoon.

Listen to your body. You need to be in tune with what it's telling you. Eat when it tells you it needs food, but make sure it is high quality food. You are right in what you say. You've been listening to what all the media hype says about dieting that you no longer know how to trust yourself. Take it one day at a time.

You are embracing a lifestyle change that you have total control over. What I would suggest is that you write in a food diary (without quantities) for the simple reason for you to associate how your body responds to food. There is such an association between stress and food for us as well. Make notes of any stressors as well and how they relate to food. Here's a link to an awesome food diary that you may find helpful:

Food Diary

I do this daily and have found some really good patterns. Maybe include your body temperature and/or weight when/if these are taken. I say the "weight" with hesitance because I don't want you to be obsessed. However, this tool can be useful if it is used properly. I weigh myself daily, but I use it as information, not as an emotion. If you can't do this in a detached way then don't weigh yourself.

You are about to embark on a journey of learning about yourself. It's more than what you eat. It's how you think, feel, learn, move, react. Process as much as possible. I find the more I analyze, the less stressed I feel. Remember, just trust yourself.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved