$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

from Ask Dr D: type A NN's should lay off corn ...

Posted By: JimB(A1o,Rh+,Secretor,NN--lipid loopy, but unipolar sane)
Date: Sunday, 18 February 2001, at 1:22 p.m.

In Response To: serotype results are in: I'm NN; now what? (JimB(A1o,Rh+,Secretor,NN))

TEX-MEX AND BLOOD GROUP A

QUESTION: I'm a type A and we in California eat a lot of Mexican food. I haven't found many references to Mexican food ingredients in your book. For example, can a type A eat corn tortillas? or the herb cilantro an important ingredient in Mexican style food?

ANSWER: In general, corn tortillas are fine for most A's (Note: corn is more problematic for the rarer A2 subtype and a subtype NN in the MN system). However, I recommend you purchase tortillas processed with lime (the alkali mineral not the fruit). This processing method was used traditionally by most cultures depending upon corn as a staple. Coincidentally, it has been shown to favorably alter the protein profile of corn and I suspect might help denature some of the lectin activity. As far as cilantro, this food is neutral for A's and listed in the book by its other common name, coriander.

So you're type NN: now what?

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved