$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Veg O

Posted By: Bob L (O-)
Date: Wednesday, 31 January 2001, at 1:27 p.m.

In Response To: Vegetarian O, forskohlii, popcorn (Mavis Douglass)

D'Adamo recommends that veg O's use nutritional yeast, vit B12, the aminos taurine and l-carnitene and magnesium. He says coleus forskolin raises levels of cyclic-AMP which enhances intracellular energy production. It is available at 4yourtype.com under "Peter's Picks". It is tough to be a veg O because O's do not do well on large amounts of starches and grains which are usually a big part of most veg diets. This includes beans which are a major veg protein source. Dairy is no good at all, so you are left with nuts and seeds as your everyday protein source. Soy products are tolerated by some type O's and in this case would be an important food.

You seem to be open to trying some animal protein. I suggest chicken breast meat which is mild in flavor and texture. My first animal protein after 29 years as a strict veg was fish which is a common choice for people going off a veg diet. But
I think chicken breast would be the least offensive to the veg-conditioned palate. Delicate white fish such as sole would also be a good first choice, but many fish have a flavor stronger than chicken breast.

Red meat is a major beneficial food for type O's but it is not absolutely necessary to eat it to be successful on this diet. Beneficial fish and poultry will serve you well. You might try some red meat after becoming used to poultry and/or fish. I felt great after eating some beef for the first time.

You may need some enzymes to aid protein digestion until your body begins to produce these enzymes in response to the new foods. I didn't need them, but others have said they help. After a few weeks, they should no longer be necessary.

Finally, eggs could be the place for you to start if you don't eat them already. Unfertilized eggs are humanely available and contain high quality protein.

Bob L

click here for beyond veg

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved