Eat Right 4 Your Type®

Official Website Of Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo & The Blood Type Diet®

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

D - It's their name for the rhesus antigen, I believe

Posted By: ^heidi^ O - secretor or nonsecretor?
Date: Sunday, 21 January 2001, at 12:54 p.m.

In Response To: Rh(D) Negative: Is it different from Rh negative??? (Carolyn, O negative)

On the blood-type home test cards, the four circles are labelled:

If your blood reacts with one of the circles, that means it has reacted with the Anti-(x) material. So you are "positive" for that reaction -- your blood contains the (x) material, and the Anti-(x) material brought out the reaction.

The D, although I don't know why it isn't "R," is the rhesus antigen. They place Anti-D material on the card. If you have D (rhesus factor), your blood will react on that circle. If you do not have D, there's nothing for the anti-D to react to. In that case you're "rhesus negative." I've also seen "rho" instead of "D." I thought it might be the Greek letter, but again, I really don't know why those letters are used... but I know what they mean in the context of the test. ;-)

Pretty long explanation, but hope it helps!!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Need Help?

Contact D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition customer service for support on where to begin.

Personalized Living

A Daily Webzine Celebrating The Wonder Of Individuality & The Blood Type Diet®

Archive | Signup | Blog

Become a Patient

Center of Excellence in Generative Medicine (COEGM) is Dr. D'Adamo's main clinical facility. To schedule an appointment please visit:

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved