$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Info for anyone considering Wilson's Syndrome

Posted By: Cherye (A)
Date: Monday, 18 December 2000, at 8:44 a.m.

In Response To: Lack of focus / concentration. (Anne O+ INFP)

I was just reading in The Thyroid Solution this morning when I stumbled upon some info about Wilson's Syndrome that I thought maybe I should pass on to others who might be considering his T3 treatment. In the book it says that indiscriminately treating patients with high doses of T3, without doing thyroid testing, and adjusting the dose only according to basal body temp is dangerous, even under a physician's care. If you're only relying on your body temp to adjust the dose of T3 (Cytomel), you can end up increasing the dose so much that you can become severely hyperthyroid. Many of the symptoms of "Wilson's Syndrome" (fatigue, depression, HAs, migraines, PMS, anxiety, panic attacks, irritability, hair loss, decreased motivation & ambition, inappropriate weight gain, decreased memory & concentration, insomnia, and intolerance to heat & cold, even IBS & asthma) are also symptoms of depression and/or post-traumatic stress syndrome, so it is not wise to treat a presumed thyroid imbalance when in actuality the problem may be something else. Even if a person is diagnosed as having Wilson's Syndrome & also is hypothyroid, they need to be monitored with thyroid testing so as not to develop hyperthyroidism.

I certainly don't want to discourage anyone who is searching for health & wellness, but when I read this I thought I should share it. The author of The Thyroid Solution is Ridha Arem, who is a professor of medicine in endocrinology & chief of endocrinology in Texas.

I hope this helps someone.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved