$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

'Sneaky tactics' for ER

Posted By: Myra A
Date: Tuesday, 5 December 2000, at 1:33 a.m.

In Response To: some bad with the good.... (thinkfirst)

I was going to suggest what Verna said about mixing the two meats. I have done this, and my kids now eat spaghetti bolonaze with almost no red meat.
I have found turkey necks to be delicious with beans. I have been doing alot of bean cooking because I'm off grains, and I'm amazed at some of delicious outcomes. I make a Jewish ethnic bean dish for our Saturday meal. I am not religious, but I enjoy making the slow cook dishes or simple warm ups that the religious make, because they're not allowed to light a fire or turn on the stove on the sabbath. We only have a one day weekend here in Israel, and I really appreciate not having to cook one day a week.
This bean dish is called Hamin in Hebrew, but is known in the Jewish US as cholent. I soak the beans along time, saute an onion, add the beans, and here's the new ingredient dried split peas, add the turkey necks (other parts that have the bone are also good), a bit of salt, a tsp. of blackstrapp molasses. The split peas gave it he most delicious smoked flavor. My family went nuts, it came out so good!!!
Traditionally this dish is well cooked on Friday afternoon, and then put in a very very slow oven or on top of a warming platter, all night, and you eat it Saturday noon time for the larger sabbath meal. I have made this, and only cooked it a normal long amount of time, and it was very good. The all night heat isn't the healthiest thing, and I only do it the traditional way once in awhile. When it's all night on the warmer, it gets a real dark color, which is the sign of a sucessful cholent.
If your interested in other ideas, let me know.
Love and Light,
Myra

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved