$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Wholeness from brokenness

Posted By: Edna O+
Date: Monday, 27 November 2000, at 8:52 a.m.

In Response To: Anne, a few thoughts about your geese story (LONG!) (Betsy A. (O- iNFj seamstress extraordinnaire))

Hi Betsy:

You have touched on a major theme in my life. How do we become whole again after being wounded? In cultural anthropology courses one learns that many cultures have the archetype of the wounded healer, as described in your story. When I start really wallowing in self-pity or loss over my particular situation, I try to think of how much it has taught me, how much it has given me, instead of what it has taken from me and how it continues to limit me. And I try to say to myself that even when we are physically broken, nothing can take away our spiritual wholeness--no matter how deep the emotional/spiritual aspect of a wound (whether physical, emotional, spiritual, or some combination thereof) may be, there is always hope of emotional/spiritual wholeness again, only with a much deeper understanding of life and the wholeness and connectedness of all things, precisely because of the loss and/or violence we have suffered and what it has taught. This is hopeful stuff!

Living green

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved