$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Dutchess the love sponge....

Posted By: Anne O+ INFP
Date: Sunday, 8 October 2000, at 1:40 p.m.

In Response To: Here Marcel....whistle whistle whistle (janet type A-)

was a big 85# Doberman and the best pet I ever had.

A neighbor left her with me for safekeeping when he moved, just till he got settled and could build a fence around the yard. I was terrified of her! I had been afraid of dobies since one tried to attack me about 12 years earlier. He never returned for her.

It took a couple of months before I realized that she was not going to attack me and rip my throat out. After about 6 months I decided I now had a doberman for a pet and licensed her in my name. She had always liked cats and got along well with my cat, Pashta. Matter of fact, Pashta didn't like other cats, but did like dogs. Dutchess ignored other dogs, but wanted to be friends with every cat she saw (they, however, didn't always feel the same way).

One day, after I had fed her, I looked into the kitchen and saw that she was just standing there looking at the dish. I thought maybe fire ants had gotten into the dish again (darn those TX fire ants) and went to look. Being such a large dog, her dish was enormous. Down in the bottom of it, gnawing away, were 4 tiny kittens! I said, "Dutchess, where in the world did you get kittens?" LOL Long story short, a neighbor's cat had had kittens. Their house was full of kids and dogs and the mother cat had moved them over under my house! However, Dutchess became the babysitter and loved and cared for them so gently.

Wonderful mememories of a beautiful gift from God. Dutchess was the smartest, sweetest dog I have ever known and it was a sad day, indeed, when I had to make the decision to have her put to sleep due to illnes.

Anne

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved