$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Other fun facts from PT, and beyond PT, into ER4YT

Posted By: Edna O+
Date: Wednesday, 4 October 2000, at 11:27 a.m.

In Response To: Strengthening abs, too (cynO)

Back when my sitch was at its worst, in approx 1994, I learned a lot of interesting factoids in PT, the main one being basically that the back is an entire whole, not just "lower back" in isolation. Therefore, for example, getting the muscles in your shoulders and around your upper back, your stomach, your mid-back, etc. is all crucial to helping your lower back stay "in" (as opposed to going "out"). The muscles being in shape keep the spine and sacrum stable. I can tell when my back is in a precarious position, because sometimes I'll get a popping sound upon rising in my right sacral jointy area (technical jargon--sorry). THAT's when I get a red alert that things are unstable and I need to get on the stick, back exercise-wise and exercise in general-wise.

Also, as Heidi pointed out, you must keep your entire body in shape, particular your legs.

And for me, being aware and careful about my body positioning is CRUCIAL. I think that is what did me in the last few weeks. The way I walked, sat, slept, etc., positioned myself to put the dressing on my burn, etc., all was not normal. Some of it couldn't be avoided--actually, most of it. And I did try to do my back exercises when I could (again, its a hassle with the burn dressing). But it wasn't enough to prevent THIS. I think from now on, once I get it stabilized, I'll return to the chiro for monthly adjustments--I can't be so lacadaisical as I've been about it. Getting past this flare-up should only take a few trips to the chiro and maybe a month of PT--although I can do the stuff myself when I'm up to par--and this burn is healing like gangbusters, although now I'm ignoring the poor thing and dumping Advil into my system, not doing the vit. E, and not being so PERFECT about eating fresh fruit, etc.--the back has eclipsed the burn--*L*!).

Another thing they DON'T teach ya in PT is to eat right. Lectins that screw with your blood group will screw with your back problem, particularly wheat. Man, that stuff is nasty. Why is it the most popular food product in America?

French fry tribute page!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved