$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

Fenugreek dip, original Yemenite Recipie

Posted By: Myra A
Date: Thursday, 16 November 2000, at 8:39 a.m.

In Response To: Awful taste! Drinking my 1st cup of fenugreek tea (Micki (A+))

Fenugreek is one of the ethnic staples of the Yemenite Jewish community here in Israel. We developed a taste for the dip they make from it. The recipe is as follows: (I measure by feel, but I'll try to be a little specific)
for a 'smallish'amount:

1/2 cup fenugreek
fresh cilantrol (coriander)- about 1 cup
garlic-as many as you like
cumin - 1 tsp.
hot peppers (being an A I omit this now)- depends on how hot you like it.
olive oil - a few TBS.
lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
salt - to taste

Rinse and soak the fenugreek until it just starts to sprout. Strain but save water. Put into blender, add some of the water, cilantrol, garlic, cumin, hot peppers if okay, olive oil,lemon juice and salt.
Blend until completely ground up and creamy, keep adding water until it is smooth.
This is an acquired taste. I'm lucky I acquired the taste when I used to eat hot peppers. The original recipe calls for a very spicy mixture. It was a combination of, wow the hotness is delicious I'll get used to the slimey taste and texture. I now eat this without the hot peppers, but like I said, I've acquired the taste for it.
The oldtime Yemenites say that the liquid from the soaking is good for people with diabetes. I don't know if that's true.
This is doubly healthy because you're also eating the fenugreek sprouted.
The Yemenites call fenugreek Hilba.
Have fun, go on try something new. You can always put it in to compost.
Love and Light,
Myra

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved