$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 15

7 Keto DHEA

Posted By: Stephen (A+)
Date: Friday, 6 October 2000, at 6:34 p.m.

In Response To: Stephen, what about 7-KETO DHEA? (Bill G. (ab))

7-keto DHEA means there is a ketone link between the 7th and 8th carbon molecule on dehydroepiandosterone. Big deal?? Acually, its changes the biochemistry dance...
The therapeutic properties of 7-Keto DHEA are very similar to those of DHEA. The primary difference between 7-Keto DHEA and regular DHEA is that the anabolic properties of DHEA are maximized while the androgenic effects (which are problematic) are minimized with 7-Keto DHEA. There are also claims that 7-Keto DHEA is more potent in terms of therapeutic effects compared to regular DHEA:
Unlike regular DHEA, 7-Keto DHEA is NOT transformed into Testosterone or Estrogens. All of the studies that have been conducted to date indicate that supplemental 7-Keto DHEA is entirely safe:

- The impressive safety profile of supplemental 7-Keto DHEA is highly likely to be due to its inability to be converted within the body to further Hormones (e.g. Testosterone, Estrogens).
- Human studies have demonstrated the absolute safety of supplemental 7-Keto DHEA at doses of 200 mg per day (in men aged 18 to 49).

I'm not a huge fan of hormones (and DHEA in any form is banned in Australia). I got some for my Mum once but thats about all I have ever used it.

I could go into more biochemical detail but hopefully this should answer your question.

Regards,
Stephen.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved