The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 14
Dieting to live, or living to diet?
Posted By: Peter D'Adamo
In Response To: Help! Overload! Help! Confusion! longish (Vernabright O+)
I read your note and had these few thoughts. Of course the 'you' here is the 'rhetorical' you, not 'you' personally!
Peter D'Adamo's 10 aphorisms for succeeding at any long-term diet/lifestyle project:
1. Don't confuse long-term benefits with short-term feelings or sensations. The body in general dislikes change intially, regardless of whether it is bad or good change; it just doesn't like change.
2. Look at the big picture: what will you have accomplished in 2, 4 or 8 years?
4. Keep it simple. More rules only make for more ways to fail.
5. Avoid mixing and matching. Find a formula and stick to it. There is only more grass on the other side, and if it is greener, it is because the guy over there worked harder than you.
6. Make the effort match the circumstances, and make the expectations match the effort. If you did't do your honest best, put the blame where it belongs. Never blame an event, schedule, opinion or outcome from pulling you off your course.
7. Deal with the hand that was dealt you. When you look in the mirror at yourself, always smile. Love yourself.
8. If you are dealing with a major health problem, expect to work harder.
10. Remember, obstacles are those thing that you see when you take your eyes off your goal!
Messages in This Thread
Vernabright O+ -- Sunday, 25 June 2000, at 11:45 a.m.
Contact D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition customer service for support on where to begin.
A Daily Webzine Celebrating The Wonder Of Individuality & The Blood Type Diet®
Center of Excellence in Generative Medicine (COEGM) is Dr. D'Adamo's main clinical facility. To schedule an appointment please visit:
The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved