$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 13

Fish, seaweeds, sea salt, and mercury?

Posted By: Robert Colt
Date: Monday, 24 April 2000, at 3:46 p.m.

Hello to all old friends and new acquaintances. Continued health and success to everyone. I finally have a computer :) And now: I've recently heard two opinions on mercury and seafood. The first is from Hal Huggins DDS., MS. He says, "Detoxification from the type of mercury found in amalgam fillings is hard enough, but detox from methyl mercury is worse. Methyl mercury is the organic form of mercury wheras mercury in a filling is in the inorganic form. Methyl mercury is 100 times more toxic to the immune system than the inorgainc form. Some mercury from fillings will "methylate" or be converted into the organic form by bacteria in the mouth, stomach and intestinal tract, but there is a far more available source. Fish with its notably high methyl mercury content and its lack of ability to excrete mercury can add to your mercury burden and interfere with your ability to detoxify if you consume it. This includes anything that lives in water--salt water or fresh, shrimp, crab, tuna, oysters--you name it." He also includes seaweeds under this umbrealla. I wonder if that would incude sea salt too? The second opionion is from Sally Fallon, author of "Nourishing Traditions." She says, "In recent years, many people have been persuaded to give up fish due to reports of mercury contamination. Mercury contamination is a danger when one eats fish from shoreline waters near industrial areas or from contaminated freshwaters. For this reason, we advise you to avoid freshwater fish unless you are sure of their origin, especially cat fish, carp and other scavengers, and to avoid overconsumption of shell fish. Shoreline feeders, such as sole and flounder, may be conatmainated with PBC's. You needn't be concerned aabout mercury levels in deep-sea fish, such as salmon, tuna and swordfich, or from sole or flounder that come from relatively clean waters, such as those of the North Atlantic. Small amounts of mercury occur naturally in these fish, and they contain substances that bind with mercury to take it out of the body. Farm-raised fish are best avoided. Their fatty acid profile will not be as good as that of wild fish, and they are usually given inappropriate feed, such as soy pellets containing pesticide residue." Well those are the two differing opionions. I'd love to here your feedback as I've personally have already removed the amalgam from my mouth incuding amalgam tatoos. And I feel great when I eat fish :) Have a great day. Robert

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved