$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 13

Re: Hemochromatosis

Posted By: Betty B+
Date: Friday, 3 March 2000, at 5:36 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Hemochromatosis (Peter D'Adamo)

Interesting this should be brought up, as I am just in the process of being gene tested for Hemochromatosis. It has been discovered in my family just recently. All 3 brothers have been diagnosed with different ailments and this lead to the discovery of the Hemo. I have been following the ER diet since November and the I am not worried in any way that it will contribute to any iron build up. I do avoid anything ie supplements that would contribute to adding more iron to my system and I do give blood regularly. That may have to cease if I have the two genes, which I am pretty sure I will have. I am more concerned to find out if I have passed it on to my children, especially the boys. My brother's wife does not have it but she is a carrier and it has been passed to my nephew. I did not realize it was so common, but I guess with many people from Scotland and Italy immigrating to North America it is showing up here. In the West Coast of Scotland it is quite prevalent. Both my husband and I are being tested this month. He does not show any high iron in his blood but he could be a carrier. We just want to be sure.

Messages in This Thread

• Hemochromatosis
    Carolyn(o) -- Thursday, 2 March 2000, at 9:22 p.m.
    • Re: Hemochromatosis
      Peter D'Adamo -- Friday, 3 March 2000, at 2:24 p.m.
      • Re: Hemochromatosis
        Betty B+ -- Friday, 3 March 2000, at 5:36 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved