$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 13

Doesn't have anything to do with hard exercise

Posted By: JPeterOwen(A-)
Date: Tuesday, 1 February 2000, at 5:49 a.m.

In Response To: Tidbits on cortisol/A/yoga/stress (^heidi^ {O+})

I can't see the relationship to hard exercise. Obviously, the first study cited had nothing to do with exercise. And Pasquale, who is very well known in weight lifting circles and was one of the early promoters of a low-carb diet (cyclic ketogenic) for gaining muscle mass, is talking about over training, not blood type. I think we're all pretty cleaer that over trainign is bad for anybody. But over training is a function of fitness level and adequate recovery, as has been abundantly proved in literature on exercise physiology.

The question, as far as I can see, remains open. I don't want to be disrespectful, but no, I don't think the first study raises any "thinking point" about the relationship between hard exercise and type A's. The study was too small to show a significant statistical difference between A and B types, and the "stressor" was unrelated to exercise. Because exercise releases many chemicals in the body, including endorphins that give athletes a "natural high", I would say that the study is far too limited to even begin to address the effects of strenuous exercise on type A men and women who are at a high level of fitness.

JPO's Colonics Adventures---the Adventure Continues!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved