Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.
The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 13
Re: First meal of the day...
Posted By: Charlene O+
Date: Monday, 31 January 2000, at 2:32 p.m.
In Response To: Black 'O" looking for breakfast ideas when I travel. (Paula Cholmondeley)
hi, Charlene O+ here:
You will probably have a better time thinking of "breakfast" as the first meal of the day instead of "breakfast". Unfortunately for us O's most traditional breakfast foods are avoids. I hope these suggestions help:
1. Order lunch for breakfast, call ahead the night before and let them know you are allergic to wheat, potatoes, eggs and corn and find out what alternatives the hotel can give you for meal choices. Try bringing your own dried rice cereals or some slices of frozen bread in a sandwich bag because the hardest things, to substitute are the breads.
2. See if there are any health food stores near the hotel so you can pick up a few fresh items while you are in town, or ask the manager of the health food store to make a delivery to the hotel or see if you can arrange for the hotel to receive a delivery from the store. You'd be surprised to see how far hotel management will go to please corporate clientele.
3. Also you can talk to the chef himself and give him your specific eating restrictions and let him come up with a menu pleasing to your taste buds. That's his job. He'll be enthusiastic about assisting you. If he needs any help, which is most likely, send him a list of HB's and Foods you can tolerate well from each list and make him earn his pay. Believe it or not, chefs do this all the time without any adjustment to your corporate rack rate bill.
Hope this helps,
Messages in This Thread
Paula Cholmondeley -- Saturday, 29 January 2000, at 3:30 p.m.
- Another "Afr-O" here...
Robin (O, INTJ) -- Monday, 31 January 2000, at 8:17 p.m.
- Like ^Heidi ^ said about eggs.../ Dr. D ?
Bob L (O-) -- Monday, 31 January 2000, at 7:59 p.m.
- Re: First meal of the day...
Charlene O+ -- Monday, 31 January 2000, at 2:32 p.m.
- Black O - back at ya!
DenisePatricia (O+) -- Saturday, 29 January 2000, at 6:20 p.m.
- Eggless breakfasts for Os
^heidi^ (O) -- Saturday, 29 January 2000, at 5:29 p.m.