$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 12

Re: Soy blocks zinc absorption/toxic?

Posted By: Selma O+
Date: Monday, 25 October 1999, at 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: FDA Now Says Soy is Beneficial (John (O+))

I have a brochure put out by Sally Fallon and colleagues that claims Soy is not good for you and that soy formulas are toxic for children. They claim that soy has high levels of phytic acid which reduces assimilation of Calcium, magnesium,copper, iron and zinc. Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. soy phytoestrogens(isoflavones) disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to PROMOTE breast cancer in women. Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, soy consumption has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease. Soy foods increase body's requirement for vitamin D and B12. Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinolalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines. Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum toxic to nervous system and kidneys. Furthermore she claims that it is a myth that asians consume large amounts of soy--average consumption is 2 tsp/day used as a condiment not a replacement for animal protein. In japan it is said that japanese wives feed their husbands soy when they want to reduce his virility (unfaithful husbands!).

Does anyone want to rebut these claims? The more I read--the more confused I get!!!! For now I'm sticking to the animal proteins- I guess it's a good thing I'm type O-- but what about the type A's consuming large amounts of soy?

Any time the FDA actually advocates something---somethings got to be wrong with it....

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved