$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 11

Shopping lists

Posted By: Mike Hosack
Date: Saturday, 2 October 1999, at 2:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Busy People -- How do you Plan? (Sonia (O+))

Hi Sonia,

I too tend to "live in my head" (INTJ). As several others have suggested, leftovers are a great way to save time. However, I occasionally find myself running out of food in the middle of the week--very annoying! I exercise regulary and tend to be a bit too thin, so sufficient calories are important for me. While the following approach may not work for everyone, it seems to help me plan my weekly shopping.

I'm a type O Caucasian. I took the maximum recommended servings in ER4YT, along with a nutrition guide, and added up the number of weekly calories for "average" foods in each category. The "average" is of foods I would likely eat, so it will vary somewhat for each person. Also, I left out a few categories that I do not eat much of (eg, pasta). The average number of daily calories turned out to be 2276 cal. Now from past experience, I know that I need 2100-2200 cal/d to maintain a stable body weight so 2276 cal is close to my daily requirements.
I made several photocopies of this list. On the weekend, I go through my kitchen to see what foods I need to buy to last me another week, and modify the amount of foods on a copy of the list. With this modified list in hand, it is a no-brainer making up a shopping list (or even using it as a shopping list).

Following is the list I compiled for a week of food. Again, it is talored for me, but it might serve as a useful starting point.

Mike

36 oz lean red meat 2210 cal
18 oz poultry 870
30 oz seafood 1078
4 eggs 308
6 oz cheeze 410
8 Tbs oils 952
1.3 oz nuts 234
7 Tbs nut butters 595
2c dry beans 433
3c dry cereals 180
14 s bread 980
3c dry grains 654
35 c raw veggies 770
35 c cooked veggies 1750 (Wow! That's a lot of veggies!)
28piece fruit 1431
168 oz juices 3080

Total 15935 cal

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved