$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 11

Answer from a Long Term ER4Typer - LONG post!

Posted By: ^heidi^
Date: Thursday, 23 September 1999, at 10:03 p.m.

In Response To: A question for Long Term ER4Typers (Edith L)

Hi there, Edith! Welcome here, btw!! I think you will be happy you found us. We're always glad to welcome another newbie, because we can share their delight in what they have to look forward to.

I am approaching my two-year anniversary of eating right (September 30). The book came out on January 8, 1997, so I'm only about 9 3/4 months behind the leaders ;-D -- however, Peter D'Adamo's and his father's patients and associates had the opportunity to follow this program from a much earlier time, so who knows how many years the oldest-timer has racked up? Peter's been pretty much on the A plan all his life, so he may get the prize!! Maybe he'll post his story...

I really have no dramatic symptoms, weight loss/gain, surgeries, or diseases to tell you about because I was one of the lucky ones. I was merely 15 pounds underweight, was losing hair enough to stuff pillows with it, had dangerously *low* cholesterol and blood pressure, my breasts had begun to disappear, I had conceived a lipoma on the bones of my ribcage, my skin had started to break out mysteriously just on the left side of my face, no comfortable sleeping position unless I were surrounded by heavy padding, constant sniffling and coughing; I lived a kind of solitary exclusive dark mental idealism (lyrical escapism), and, most important: I had no energy, no initiative and no courage in my life, no desire whatever to _create_ in the world -- and a great scorn for those who did -- and it happened to be a time when I needed those qualities (back) very, very much.

But you see, I just thought I was getting more "spiritual." When one detaches from the world, of course the animal vitality and earthly involvements must fade away. This seemed quite natural to me. I had been ovo-lacto-pesco-vegetarian for many years, including many fasts and juice fasts, and nearly vegan for 5. I was 39. I am type O.

May I say here, thank you my ancestors for giving me a strong constitution?

When my acupuncturist introduced me to this diet, I seized upon it with a passion I did not know I still possessed. First, I argued with her about the slaughter and ingestion of meat, and was mystified by what I saw as her dim, poorly-reasoned, self-serving attitude. (She is also type O). I bought the book that night, and by the morning I had read it and I was jarred and shocked and dismayed... and I understood, Lots of things... and I K N E W what it would mean to me. I immediately donated blood at a local blood bank and discovered my blood type, to my *great* disappointment! ~~~:-D

Following a restricted eating plan is easy as breathing, in my view, so the next day I plunged right 100% in. My AB companion of that time dealt with it much more reasonably than I did -- he just left the house. I was in a fury of conflict and Chlorox (to clean everything that had touched the MEAT) (I must pause here to say that that first morning, when I walked up to the counter of my health food store carrying a a package of OK **BEEF** made me feel like Judas with a big wet kiss on his mouth, with Klieg lights & cameras in the eyes of everyone around!!)

Three weeks later, the acne was gone. My hair had stopped falling out. I had regained muscle tone and skin tone, and brain tone, and heart tone.... The next doctor's appointment in December brought a much healthier cholesterol and blood pressure reading, and an odd look in the eyes of the technician when I explained down to the nth degree exactly what had restored my health. Next appointment: gynecologist, to whom I also explained my *lack* of menstrual trouble!

Do not be fooled by my lack of serious health complaints, or my dramatic presentation. I'm an opera singer and actress by talent and temperament, but I thrive on words, knowledge and detail. My life began again when I began this diet, and really there are no words and no number of words that can give thanks for this. I've never tried to tell my story before, and I have no idea why I'm doing it now except that it is time.

To the "old hands:" you've been an indescribable source of understanding, compassion, humor and guts for me; to the newbies, you keep me passionate and connected afresh; to Peter, ... you old fugue of a man, you -- I know a little about music and chaos, too. Thanks.

^heidi^

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved