The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 9
The TRUTH about soy!!!
Posted By: Stephen (A+)
Date: Saturday, 20 February 1999, at 3:12 p.m.
In Response To: Dangers of Soy (Kristin(A))
I know I have commented on this before but I hope I can finally squash this soy story once and for all.
1. Phytates are in soy.
2. Humans secrete phytase (and occasionally consume it), which is an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of phytic acid. Some animals, namely rats, have close to none of this enzyme. This means that in humans it won't bind the minerals no where near as much as rats. Phytates are converted to inositol, and phosphate in the human body which has other beneficial effects.
3. Most "tests" are done on rats (see the connection.........)
4. Phytic acid protects against the two biggest cancer killers in men and women, namely breast, and prostatic cancer.
5. Countries with high soy consumption have great mineral profiles (the Japanese have one of the lowest rates of Osteoporosis).
6. Soy actively makes bones stronger (Medical studies)
7. There is no evidence of adverse mineral problems in humans, only speculation circulated in some circles (usually nutritionally unqualified individuals).
8. Overall, soy has been linked with long life spans, and reduced disease. If you were deficient in minerals this wouldn't be the case.
Relax fellow A's!! If there is still doubts about this PLEASE POST!!! Don't miss out on such a good food because of speculation. I have heaps more info on the subject.
Messages in This Thread
Kristin(A) -- Thursday, 18 February 1999, at 4:02 a.m.
- Type A-ity and Soy
Peter D'Adamo -- Monday, 22 February 1999, at 4:19 a.m.
- Re: Dangers of Soy-follow the link-Stephen?
Rosemarie (A) -- Sunday, 21 February 1999, at 8:10 p.m.
- The TRUTH about soy!!!
Stephen (A+) -- Saturday, 20 February 1999, at 3:12 p.m.
- Re: Dangers of Soy
Bob L (O-) -- Thursday, 18 February 1999, at 2:59 p.m.
- Re: Dangers of Soy (for A's)
Jeri -- Thursday, 18 February 1999, at 6:13 a.m.