$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 9

Re: Coffee and excercise as a diuretic.

Posted By: Stephen (A+)
Date: Wednesday, 24 March 1999, at 9:07 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Coffee and Cancer Part 2 (JPeter Owen (A-))

Excersice and diuretics has had a shaky begining when the horse racing industry became a big money earner (the jockies need to lose weight). Not good for health!!

I must ask you where you got the idea that excersice is a "diuretic". During excersice the kidneys nephrons shunt water from the loop of Henley, and retain fluids for sweating and loss of water through the lungs. Please remember excersice stimulates sympathetic nervous control and excretion is under parasympathetic control....... I will go into the complexes of detailed physiology if you want. I haven't studied this stuff since second year medical scool!! You did make me check this in my physiology texts which is a good thing though. Excersice does produce water from the resperation of glucose to water and carbon dioxide. This may explain the extra urine outflow you may be experienceing???

Also, a quote I will take from Dr Jeffery Bland Ph.D(World leading nutritionalist) on the subject of "moderate" consumption of drinks such as coffee............"moderate consumption of these things lead to moderate health." Thats fine if you want "moderate" health but I want optimal health instead. Under my oath I took on graduation I "swore" to give the best medical advice. It is therefore "unethical" for me to recommend a toxic drink that is a well known carcinogen even at moderate doses. Remember I am not looking at studies in a vacume where these people consumed coffee alone. These people consumed normal diets also. I'm sure they didn't comsume diets they thought would give them cancer also!!!

Personally I find it hard to support a known carcinogen, which has no nutrients in it?? Why not use green tea?? Ginger tea??

Thanks for the comments. I am glad people are giving this subject thought and glad that people are hearing differing opinions. It is good for the board I believe!!

Regards,
Stephen.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved