$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 9

Re: Coffee and Cancer Part 2

Posted By: JPeter Owen (A-)
Date: Wednesday, 24 March 1999, at 9:21 a.m.

In Response To: Coffee and Cancer Part 2 (Stephen (A+))

Stephen,
Thank you for your clarification.

I agree that the difference between a medicine and a poison is only a dose.

The idea that as few as two cups of coffee a day can be harmful is true, but it is not for everybody. It's probably very true for O's, but is probably not true for A's.

Though coffee is a mild diuretic, it has an excellent action to prolong exercise and help a lifter sustain lifts to a slightly better degree (not beyond limits, though).

Stephen, *EXERCISE* has a diuretic effect. That's why it is dangerous, with or without coffee, to exercise without drinking plenty of water: before, during, and after the session. Something that is diuretic is not by definition dangerous. Its overuse is dangerous. There's a perjorative connation to the word "diuretic," but many foods are diuretic, as are many herbs that people take for health reasons. It's one more component that must be balanced in the diet.

Again, while I do not dispute with your findings on the actions of coffee, the conclusions that you draw from it seem to be viewing coffee in a vacuuum, and not as a part of a balanced approach to eating and exercise.

I agree that coffee is potent, but it has formed a part of healthful lifestyles since it made its way into the human diet, even as it has been a part of non-healthful lifestyles. Elena's comments on its benefits, and my overview of it as a moderate part of a routine for fitness training, indicate that it can be used safely and effectively, but not by all people.

Again, the killer in our culture is overindulgence: that old sin of gluttony. Too much coffee, like too much wine or too much beer or too much salt or too much fat, is harmful. A little goes a long way. But it has its place of usefulness and benefit.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved