$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Healthy Eating and Tanning

Posted By: Al Gearing
Date: Sunday, 7 February 1999, at 5:02 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Healthy Eating and Tanning (GAIL)

I'm 73 and have spent many hours in the sun swimming long distances and sailing since '51. Most of the time without bothering with protection having built up tans from the continual exposure. However, being fair skinned and blue eyed I finally got a liesion about three years ago on my ear, and had it removed. It kept coming back and I fought it with a cream that the doctor gave me and it would come and go. Finally two years later I lost the battle and had to have what the doctor said was a new one in almost the same place on the rim of my ear. He also said that the skin on my head and ears had taken all of the UV it could take and without protection I would have them again. I now use sun block as soon as my after shave lotion dries if I am going out which is often. The skin were the liesions have been is very tender, a hat rubbing on it is noticeable, the other ear not. So My advice is don't delibrately go out for long periods of time without protection. Depending on your skin pigmentation, time of repeated exposure, as well as the length of each exposure, it will catch up to you some time. Put that off as long as possible.
For what it's worth. AlGe (o)

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved