$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Old Phobias about Protien

Posted By: Sonia (O)
Date: Tuesday, 2 February 1999, at 9:15 a.m.

Calling all Os!

For some reason I've been having lots of emotional throwbacks to protein phobia lately. Last night in particular I was felt like snacking and a little war went on in my head about what that snack should consist of. "You're an O, eat protein." "You're Zoning eat protein and carbs." "You've had enough protein for today, if you eat too much protien you'll damage your kidneys and die." So I ate carbs.

Yes, yes, clearly the wrong choice, as my stomach reminded me for the rest of the night.

Once upon a time I believed McDougall and Robbins and thought that one truly did not have to eat any protein sources outside of grains and nuts and that 30 grams a day was plenty. Then I believed the ADA and aimed for 60. Then along came the Zone and "prescribed" me 84. I lost lean body mass so I was advised by Eicotech's Dr. Paul Kahl himself to increase from there. So now I'm eating 98. And I'm very stubbornly refusing to go over 98. I still feel overwhelmed that I'm eating so much more what is considered healthy by so many "nutrition experts."

What am I afraid of anyway? Do I really think I'm going to get osteoporosis, kidney disease, heart disease and cancer? It's hard to throw off when you've heard it so many times. I've been able to convince myself that I have higher protein requirements that what I've been led to believe, but I'm still scared that if I go over 98 grams them I'm going to seize up and die.

Can some O folks eating more than that reassure me that I'm just being neurotic? :-D

Thanks,

Sonia

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved